In order to facilitate greater international cooperation, the Fukuoka Asian Urban Research Center （URC） will introduce Fukuoka City’s efforts on creating a livable city to local governments and educational institutes in Asia. This year’s event will be conducted online using Zoom!
The contents of the lecture are as follows:
1) Welfare: Introducing the activities implemented by the Fukuoka City Citizen’s Welfare Plaza and the Nursing Care Practice Promotion Center
2) Water resources: Promotion of reclaimed water usage from treated sewage water and conversion to hydrogen energy
3) Environment: Introduction of the “Fukuoka method” of waste landfill technology, 3R (Recycle, Reuse, Reduce) Center’s efforts
4) Disaster prevention: Efforts of the Fukuoka Citizen Disaster Prevention Center
5) Urban landscape: Creating an advanced model city such as Island City
Experts will give lectures on the above as well as other areas of interest, and participants will be able to deepen their understanding through a question and answer session.
Duration: Approximately 1 hour including Q&A
Cost: Free of charge (Internet connection is required)
Number of participants: Limited to 5 to 100 people per session
Language: Japanese (English interpretation will be provided if necessary)
For more details, please visit the official website of the Fukuoka Asian Urban Research Institute through the following URL.